|Locations||Santa Barbara, CA||New York, NY|
Students may list their top 4 camp location/date preferences on the application. We will notify students about their designated camp upon admission.
July 28–Aug 2
July 28–Aug 2
|Cost: Room & Board
Room & Board includes lodging, meals, and local activities. Higher Room & Board cost for NYC reflects higher local rates for lodging, meals, and activities in NYC.
Tuition includes entrepreneurship masterclasses, staffing and local transportation.Tuition excludes travel to/from each QØ Startup Camp location.
|Household Income||Tuition Scholarship Amount|
How to Apply
1. Application: Complete the QØ Startup Camp application here.
2. Video: Submit a short video about yourself. Details within the application.
3. Preferences: Rank your top 4 camp location and date preferences in the application.
4. Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee to submit an application.
Benefits: Priority for program dates, compete against the smallest pool of applicants, and get a decision sooner.
Benefits: More time to apply, but competing against a larger pool of candidates.
We will consider applications on a rolling basis, if space permits.
Frequently Asked Questions
What experience level is needed to participate in Startup Camps? +
No entrepreneurial experience is needed to participate in QØ Startup Camp. If you're curious and eager to try something new and take risks, then this experience is for you!
What personal qualities do the QØ admissions committee look for in the QØ Startup Camp application process? +
Curiosity, willingness to work with a team, and adaptability are some important qualities that will serve QØ Startup Camp participants well.
What does the application process include? +
- We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis as space permits. To start your application, click the Apply button and then "Create An Account." You will be taken to a seperate page to fill out your basic user information.
- Then you will be asked to fill in a short answers about yourself as a "personal pitch."
- Submit a short video about yourself as part of the application. Details about how to submit a video are included in the application.
- Rank your top 4 choices of camp location and weeks that you'd like to attend. If admitted to QØ Startup Camp, we will do our best to assign you to your top preference of camp location and week, but space is limited for each camp. Early applications receive preference for their top choice of camp to attend.
- You will be notified approximately 3 weeks from submission on your acceptance decision.
If you would like to review the application before applying, click this link here for a preview of the Startup Camp application.
What is the time commitment needed to participate? +
We expect all QØ Startup Camp participants to attend the entire duration of the camp, including arriving and departing at designated times for each camp. Complete attendance ensures that students enjoy QØ Startup Camp to its fullest.
Are there scholarships available? +
Yes, there are limited scholarships available based primarily on financial need. Please see the chart above for further information.
What do I need to bring? +
We will provide camp participants with a packing list and more detailed agenda in late Spring.
Do I need to stay in the QØ designated lodging during the camp? +
All participants are expected to stay in QØ designated lodging for the full duration of the camp.
Can you book my flight or travel accommodations to or from the event? +
All participants are responsible for booking their own travel. Program costs do not include travel expenses to/from the camp locations.
Do you accept international students? +
Yes! We welcome international students to apply. Please note that we are unable to offer scholarships to international students at this time. We are also unable to provide flight or accommodation services prior to or after the official designated start and end times for QØ Startup Camp. A conversational level of English fluency will also be helpful as all instruction and activities will be led in English.
Quarter Zero (QØ) will attempt to place accepted students into their highest preferred camp location and dates, space permitting. QØ reserves the right to modify or cancel any camp placement. If QØ must cancel or modify a camp placement for any reason, QØ will offer students a space in another available camp, space permitting, or offer a full program refund. QØ is not responsible for booking students’ flight or other form of travel arrangements to or from each camp destination.